1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 2, 2012 8:48 AM by Tracy Rodgers

Help needed with constructing a filter that can get me the results I want.

Xiaorong Li

Hi Guys,

I need urgent help with constructing a filter that can get me the results I want. I have attached a sample workbook to explain what the problem I am facing.

The phone search dashboard is the one you should look at. This dashboard is designed to enable users to search phones by features. For example, say, I want to find phones that contain '3.5mm Audio Jack' feature. You can check 'Audio' box in the feature category filter and then select '3.5mm Audio Jack' in the filter below.

Then the table 'System Information' will show all the phones that contain that feature. Now when you click one specific phone you will see the complete list of features of that phone in the table on the right side. For example, if you select 'iPhone4' you will see the features for iPhone4 only in the 'System Feature Information' Table on the right.

Now the problem is, if I click 'iPhone4' in the 'System Information' Table on the left to turn off the selection, the 'System Feature Information' table on the right will return all the phones in my data set, not the phones that are only shown in the 'System Information' table. I want the 'System Feature Information' to show the same phones as shown in the left table for consistency. For example, if I click 'iPhone4' in the left table and then click it again to turn off the selection, I want the table on the right to only show me the two phones that are shown in the left table, that is, iPhone and iPhone4.

Can anybody help me with that? My project is due early next week so I am really desperate to get help here. Thank you guys so much!!

Regards,

Xiaorong