1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2012 10:41 AM by Tracy Rodgers

alias reverting when publishing dashbaord

Jonathan Clark

I am having problems with aliases in Tableau 7.05.  I have a calculated field that is using a window calculation based on a dimension on the page.  It is used in multiple worksheets which are all then placed on a dashboard.

Problem: the calculated field needs to be based on a different field for each sheet, which means Tableau thinks each one should have it's own alias.  For example:  On one worksheet the window calculation uses 'Age' in it's compute using calculation because that worksheet shows Age ranges, while another uses 'Gender' in it's compute using calculation because that worksheet shows Gender distribution.  The calculated field in both cases is showing a norm so they should both be labeled as such.  Since Tableau treats them as seperate fields I was able to get them to say "Norm" by adding spaces to the end of the name.  No problem looked great in desktop.

However once I published to Server, one of the aliases (and only one of them) reverts to it's original name.  I can't seem to come up with a way to make the name stick.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jonathan