1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 11, 2012 6:21 AM by Tamas Foldi

Tableau Server - CA SiteMinder Integration

John Cantu

Okay, so I hope I can effectively articulate my question:

We implemented Tableau Server earlier this year. One of our milestones was to integrate Tableau Server with CA SiteMinder web agent. This is an enterprise objective - have most, if not all, apps sit behind SiteMinder for authentication/authorization. This is a target we will have to accomplish at some point.

We attempted to integrate Tableau Server and CA SiteMinder, but it turns out the SiteMinder web agent does not support Windows Server 2008 R2 (or 64-bit Windows Server OS, in general) with Apache web server.

I understand that Apache is "embedded" with Tableau Server on the install. Forgive my lack of knowledge, but is there a way to "shut down" Apache and use IIS webserver instead? If not, another silly question .. is there a way to have IIS handle the SiteMinder piece and communicate necessary info to Apache - 2 web servers running on single server? Reverse proxies is not an option as I believe it is frowned upon by IT security.

I'm trying to get an idea as to what my options are.

Any other solutions? Anyone else out there able to successfully integrate SiteMinder with Tableau Server?

We have IIS 7.5 installed.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.