0 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2012 6:01 AM by Mark Smith

Creating an url action from an aggregated dimension

Mark Smith

Hello, I'm trying to create an url action, which hyperlinks a data point to a website. Sound simple? Let me elaborate...

The data is a time trend of online mentions, and there's a spike which has an explanation. I'd like to make it so that I can create a label for that data point which links to an article online. However, when I place the 'Link' dimension in the "Labels" or "Level of Detail" sections, it splits that point from the trend (due to it being a dimension). If I set it to "Attribute", it solves the problem of splitting the data, but the link stops working (presumably because the action is looking for 'Link' and finding ATTR(Link) instead. I've tried creating a calculated field called 'Interest', calculated as ATTR([Link]), but this doesn't solve my problem either, as the pill calls itself AGG(Interest), and seems to suffer the same issue.

The following help file mentions a calculation http://onlinehelp.tableausoftware.com/v6.1/public/online/en-us/id1821725b-eb94-4fc7-b1ff-76b2134f21c6.html but doesn't elaborate on it.

Any help would be appreciated.