5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2012 4:32 PM by Tracy Rodgers

Financial Reports

Ahmed Ahmed

Hi All,

I am struggling with financial reports. I have to complete two reports in PoC. We are competing with BO. The problem that I have, I already completed the Balance Sheet report; it a drag & drop report. Now the client want me to add few additional headings. For e.g. Assets - liabilities. I am not able to add this calculation tried various options & still unsuccessful.

I have attached the workbook for reference.

Please note that, I have multiple chart of accounts and multiple companies.

Ready need help here!

Ahmed

• 1. Re: Financial Reports
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Ahmed,

How are the Assets-liabilities supposed to be calculated?

-Tracy

• 2. Re: Financial Reports
            Ahmed Ahmed

Hi Tracy,

Its a balance sheet report and a simple one. I have attached a new one. If you open you will see there are subtotal fields. I need minus total Liabilities from total Assets.

This is just the sample data, in real scenario I have close to thousand of grain level Chart of Account. I hope you understand.

Ahmed

• 3. Re: Financial Reports
              Tracy Rodgers

Hi Ahmed,

This can  be done by creating  a couple of calculations where the dimensions are each made their own. I have reattached your workbook--refer to Sheet 2. Three calculations were made, one for Assets, Liabilities, and the difference between the two. Notice, that the Level1Desc is not on the view. The other option would be to make liabilities and assets two separate columns in the data source. I hope this helps!

-Tracy

• 4. Re: Financial Reports
                Ahmed Ahmed

Hi Tracy,

Thanx!

Chart of Accounts' depth in real scenario is 8 levels and as I mentioned earlier I have close to 1000 transactional chart of accounts. In sheet two I can see the result but if I want to have a report till the third level( in the sample db) then I have to write multiple formulas which is virtually impossible.

I hope you understand my point.

Ahmed

• 5. Re: Financial Reports
                  Tracy Rodgers

Hi Ahmed,

I had a feeling this would be an issue. That's why I suggest trying to reshape the data if you can. Maybe others have ideas?

-Tracy