1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2012 8:34 AM by Tracy Rodgers

Blending CUBE to achieve simple grouping

Miroslav Umlauf

Hi all,

I am trying to achieve simple grouping of several items (confidential > hidden) in the distributor dimension (SSAS cube) into 1 group. I mapped these products using Excel and performed standard steps to get blended view (1.). Then I wanted to add Subtotal (2.) which stays empty. Ideally I would like to get it to (3.), showing just aggregated figure of those Distributors, that belong to defined group - can do it via MDX, but that is hard to maintain for junior users.

Can table calc help? Tried running total, but not getting there.

Mirek

Cube_blend_calc.jpg

• 1. Re: Blending CUBE to achieve simple grouping
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Miroslav,

The table calculations will not help you with getting the correct total in the 'total' section of the view, and it will be necessary to have the Distributors on the view. One possible option (instead of MDX) could be to use the running total and use the last line in the view (since this should have the correct total). Then, hide all the rest, by right clicking and selecting Hide. Then, hide the Distributor header. However, this solution is not dynamic and as any distributors are added to the view, they will then have to be hidden again. Hope this helps a little bit.

-Tracy