7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2013 4:21 PM by John Mogielnicki

Change Measure Format with Parameter

John Mogielnicki

Hello,

I'm experimenting with parameters, and loving how powerful they are.  I'm currently using a parameter to switch between different measures with the following calculated field ("kWh, Participants, or Incentives" is a parameter):

if [kWh, Participants, or Incentives] = "Incentives" then sum([Total Reported Amount])

elseif [kWh, Participants, or Incentives] = "kWh" then sum([Total Reported Gross kWh])

elseif [kWh, Participants, or Incentives] = "Participants" then sum([Participant Count])

end

The "Total Reported Amount" is a currency field, and I would like to set it up so that when "Incentives" is chosen in the parameter, the axis and field value changes to be currency.  Does anyone know of a way to do this?

I tried adding in a dollar sign to my calculated field (see below), but I got a message that I could not combine a string with a float value.

if [kWh, Participants, or Incentives] = "Incentives" then "$" + sum([Total Reported Amount])

elseif [kWh, Participants, or Incentives] = "kWh" then sum([Total Reported Gross kWh])

elseif [kWh, Participants, or Incentives] = "Participants" then sum([Participant Count])

end

Thanks in advance for any assistance.