I still haven't figured out how to shade the non-working hours, but I've solved bonus question #1 and part of #2.
1) I changed my filter to only filter out "end date" records that occur after the time period, and not before. For before, I created a calculated "timeline end date" that takes the max(end date, range begin date). By using that field everywhere, what happens is I get a bunch of records of 0-length duration that effectively get ignored, but then the last one prior to the time range "lives" and stretches out to correctly display the status at the start of the time range.
2) I definitely have the correct angles now, and I've also created a bar chart that shows the correct percentages. Hoewver, I still haven't quite figured out the way to get the total percentage per status to show up anywhere. The tooltip still just shows the calculated percentage per build, and not the overall percentage for the status. I turned on cell borders to help show what's going on.
ShadeNonWorkingHours.twbx.zip 37.9 KB