2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2012 12:49 PM by Ryan Shirley

Each category displayed in Total Year Growth for a Bar Chart

Ryan Shirley

So, I have a Bar Chart of year over year growth by month for 4 categories (so 4 different colors in each month, columns of Jan - Dec). I have attached a picture of my crosstab data. I can't figure out how to have a "Total" column show up to the right of the December column which shows the Total Year growth (the yellow highlighted row in the crosstab picture). If I right click on the Year pill and Add Subtotal I get only 1 column which shows the total growth for the year for ALL categories combined...but I need it to be like the rest of the months where there are 4 columns (one for each category). Thanks for the help!

• 1. Re: Each category displayed in Total Year Growth for a Bar Chart
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Ryan,

I'm not sure I understand. Would you be able to provide a sample workbook (twbx file) and some additional information on the desired view? Thanks!

-Tracy

• 2. Re: Each category displayed in Total Year Growth for a Bar Chart
            Ryan Shirley

The packaged workbook for this dataset is rather large as I have hundreds of thousands of rows of Industry retail data, so I hope this picture can help better explain. The Blue, Red, Orange, and Black bars are individual categories...the purple bar is the Industry. The far right column, just past December, is a Total Year over Year Growth change. It is only showing the Whole Total, but I need it to show a Total of the individual categories too, just like the other 12 months (so I need the Blue, Red, Orange, and Black bars to be in that Total column as well). I got the monthly purple bars by right clicking my Month Pill in the Columns Shelf and click Add Subtotal...I got the yearly purple bar by right clicking my Year Pill in the Columns Shelf and click Add Subtotal. Hope this helps.