4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2018 8:20 AM by Michael Summons

"The calculation 'blah' requires a user-defined aggregation of a non-aggregate formula"

Anyone see this error message?

"The calculation 'blah' requires a user-defined aggregation of a non-aggregate formula"

I have a some calculated fields that work fine in my workbook in desktop.  Then I publish them to the server and everything is great.

Then when I open the workbook from the server, the calculated fields get destroyed, have a red exclamation mark in their pills, and aggregate as SUM(blah) even though before publishing to server, they're aggregated as AGG(blah).

Here's an example of one of the fields in question:

(SUM([Total Value (Birr)])/SUM([Volume Traded (Standard Units)]))+AVG([Exporter Operational Costs])/17/2.2/100 // dollars per fersula

*AVG([FX Rates from CBE].[CBE Buying USD])

Is this a problem with the reference to another data source?  I seem to recall some warnings when publishing to server about doing that, but this wasn't the behavior I was expecting from that.

Any experience with this would help although a definitive answer from the Tableau folks would help considering that this changes the behavior of my files between when I save them and open them, which is pretty sketchy ;-)