2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2012 3:32 PM by Perry Chung

Database error 0x80004005: Could not find installable ISAM. Unable to connect to the Microsoft Excel File

Perry Chung

I'm trying to publish a Tableau file to the server and keep getting the error message:

Database error 0x80004005: Could not find installable ISAM.

Unable to connect to the Microsoft Excel file...Check that you have access privileges for the requested file and that it is not

open in another application. Errors occurred while trying to load the workbook <name of workbook>. The load was not able to complete successfully.

I am using Tableau version 6.1. Tableau Support suggested upgrading my video drivers. My internal IT team have done this for me and I still cannot view my workbook on the server.

I searched my hard drive to locate the file that the error message is pointing to, and I can't see it. I also looked in the Program Files > Tableau folder on my hard drive and the file's not there.

Finally I also asked one of my colleagues to publish the file to the server and the error message still appears. This message only appears for the files that I have attempted to publish for the last couple of days - I can see the other files that I've published last month.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? I would be grateful to hear any solutions that someone used to resolve this issue.