3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2012 2:17 PM by Nathan Krisanski

How to Use Tableau for External Customer Reporting

Hi,

We are trying to use Tableau for external customers. Did you anyone implemented this and if so are there any insight/tips/articles that you can point me to ?

Thank you

• 1. Re: How to Use Tableau for External Customer Reporting
          Nathan Krisanski

Hi Hazkaz,

We use tableau server for our franchise network. While they are all offices under our brand, they are all individually owned and run, so they are like external customers.

I'll actually be presenting in Barcelona on this very topic... Ooops I don't think they've announced me yet... So that would be a great chance to find out about how we did it with linked dashboards etc.

Cheers

• 2. Re: How to Use Tableau for External Customer Reporting

Thank you so much.

Do you have any documentation from Tableau you can point me to ? or any high level designs so I can juts get an idea of how this can be implemented.

I am totally new to this concept

• 3. Re: How to Use Tableau for External Customer Reporting
              Nathan Krisanski

Haven't found any resources before on this.

High level:

We have our different user groups, corporate staff to business owners to salespeople to administrators. Corporate see everything about all offices, owners see everything about their own office and salespeople only see their own figures.

We do this with tiered " projects" in server. Users Access projects based on security groups.

We have a corporate dashboard where you can search for any business and open the business report (with an encoded url link). While an owner has only the link for his Office. Within the Office dashboard there are links for all salespeople reports, but each salesperson has their own link etc.

This means we only build an Office or salesperson report once reducing maintenance.

We also do work around context and geography, but that's outside of what I can explain here.

Cheers

Nathan