3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2012 8:22 AM by Grant Case

I could organize worksheets into categories

Alex Kerin

Many of my workbooks end up with 30+ worksheets. I know I can consolidate the sheets on a dashboard and then hide them, but this is klutzy if I'm doing this just to organize, and it means I need to wait for the dashboard to calculate before I can then go out to the worksheet (and potentially unhide, work on it with other sheets, and rehide).

It would be great if I could create a 'folder' tab on the bottom with the worksheet names. I could then drag worksheet tabs on top of this to add them to the folder. To access the workbook I could click or hover over the folder tab and a list of the contained worksheets would roll up (similar to the menu systems in use on the web) where I could then select my worksheet. The current display method feels too much like Excel...

• 1. Re: I could organize worksheets into categories
          Jan R. Tanner

I agree.  On the same theme, I would like to color the worksheet tabs so that I can visually see which worksheets are related.  This would be the same as Excel.

• 2. Re: I could organize worksheets into categories
            guest contributor

+ 1 for both coloring tabs and being able to organize all of our worksheets. I think what we are all trying to get to is a place. Right now I have a few 50 worksheet workbooks so being able to have some way to organize the tabs rather then the order in which they are in the workbook would be helpful. Another way could be if we could include some metadata associated with each worksheet and then use top right hand corner all worksheets filmstrip view tab to then filter.

• 3. Re: I could organize worksheets into categories
              Grant Case

+ 1 for both coloring tabs and being able to organize all of our worksheets. I think what we are all trying to get to is a place. Right now I have a few 50 worksheet workbooks so being able to have some way to organize the tabs rather then the order in which they are in the workbook would be helpful. Another way could be if we could include some metadata associated with each worksheet and then use top right hand corner all worksheets filmstrip view tab to then filter.