3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2011 2:46 AM by Russell Christopher

Trusted Authentication Issue

Pankaj Singh

Step 1: I integrate tableau visualization in .Net Application

Step2:- Hosted .Net Web application on web server (IP 172.21.135.12).

Step3:-I run trusted authentication command on Tableau server.

tabadmin set wgserver.trusted_hosts “172.21.135.12”

tabadmin config

tabadmin restart

Step 4:-After running trusted commands on tableau server, I was able to visit table visualization in .Net Application without log in to Tableau server.

Issue:-

1:- Again I run the trusted commands for different IP(For local machine(10.146.126.16) where I am developing the .Net Application with tableau server).

2:-I try to visited tableau visualization in .Net Application(local machine) then I got tableau server login page.

3:- Again I run the trusted command for web server(172.21.135.12).

4:-This time I try to visit tableau visualization in .net application then this time also I got tableau server login page.

So please help me asap.

Regards,

Pankaj

• 1. Re: Trusted Authentication Issue
          Russell Christopher

Hi Pankaj -

I think you may be confused about what adding an IP address to Tableau's Trusted Host list actually does.

In essence, adding an IP to trusted_hosts will cause Tableau to trust that the host in question has authenticated the user in question. The host/app in which the Tableau viz is embedded not only needs to be trusted, but it needs to provide Tableau with the user name of the authenticated user. Have you written code on an embed tag which does this?

Tableau Server will then return a ticket to the browser. You need code to take that ticket and append it to a URL which the browser will fire back at Tableau. Have you implemented this? Please post all code you've written.

• 2. Re: Trusted Authentication Issue
            Pankaj Singh

Many Thanks... Russel.

Implemented code to get a ticked from tableau server...

I have written two methods to get Tableau ticket in .Net Web Application.Just check attached screen-shots. I have hosted that web application on web server(172.21.135.12).

I run these commands on Tableau Server(D:\Program Files (x86)\Tableau\Tableau Server\6.1\bin)

tabadmin set wgserver.trusted_hosts “172.21.135.12"

tabadmin config

tabadmin restart

It's worked once. after that again i run the above commands with different IP(for local machine) but it didn't work.

Again i run the above commands with web server IP address(172.21.135.12) but this time i got tableau server login page.

I am getting ticket ID as -1. I also checked the given reason in the trusted authentication pdf file.

please suggest me regarding these authentication issue.

Note:- If you could provide a sample application that would be nice.

Regards,

Pankaj

• 3. Re: Trusted Authentication Issue
              Russell Christopher

Hi Pankaj!

Sorry, I didnn't see that you'd responded. I suspect that you've already found the .NET sample code that we provide as part of a SharePoint example but in case you haven't, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Tableau\Tableau Server\6.1\extras\embedding\sharepoint

Hope this helps!