1 Reply Latest reply on May 26, 2011 8:27 AM by Chris Cushman

Dynamic Update of Parameter values

Michael Mixon

Hi,

Is there a way to have Parameter values update based on some other condition or filter?  For example, I have a Parameter list of customer names, so that a user can select a customer and compare their performance to their sub-region/country etc.  The Parameter list contains all customer names, regardless of whether or not the dashboard has been filtered down for a specific region or sub-region, meaning that users might select a customer that doesn't actually exist in the filtered data.

What I'd like to be able to do is have a dynamic Parameter list, so that the customer values in the drop-down are all valid for the filtered data-set.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

-Mike

• 1. Re: Dynamic Update of Parameter values
          Chris Cushman

Greetings,

I would like to raise this question again...

Lets say I have a paparater for Region and the a Paramater for Market.

Regions are composed of multiple Markets.

I need to use a paramater because I have like 20 diferent tabs in my dashboard and many different ways of filtering so global filters = n/a.

If the users selects a Region via that paramater, the Market paramater options list is hard coded to be all markets and does not react to the region filter even though it should be a sub set of Markets based upon the selected Region.

Has anyone found a work around for this?

Thanks,

Cush