in the line:
tabadmin set wgserver.trusted_hosts ""
Do you have the IP address of the web server that is hosting and running the Java code?
in the line user = ""
Do you have a user set statically, or are you passing it a user name from your application. This username must exist as a user in Tableau Server.
Have you checked you log files? Since you are getting a message back, communicating with the Tableau Server, the log files should have additional details.
"Trusted auth" is an authentication mechanism. However, you've turned on a conflicting authentication mechanism in "automatic login" (via SSPI). Additionally, trusted tickets are meant to serve up views - not perform authentication for arbitrary tasks.
You might look into 1) using tabcmd to login and generate a cookie, or 2) logging in programmatically. Tabcmd can also do publishing for you.
Yes I put IP address in tabadmin set wgserver.trusted_hosts "" and username in the line user = ""
I just removed them for security.
Where can I find the log file for authentication logs?
Thanks for your help,
I am able to achieve Trusted Auth as per your guide line.
As you have mentioned I can publish workbooks using tabcmd, but what if I just want to publish some data source, how can I achieve this using tabcmd?
Thanks & Regards,
how did u resolved the trusted authentication issue with active directory services. Can you paste your code as am still not able to figure out the issue in resolve it.
thanx & regards
I am also trying to perform trusted authentication using Java. But having problems authenticating. Could you please help?
So here is what I did:
a. I added a couple of webservers to the trusted hosts as below:
tabadmin set wgserver.trusted_hosts "192.168.1.10, 192.168.1.11"
b. I then took the Java servlet code and added my Tableau username etc. and deployed it on the webserver also. And had it do a POST to the tableau server (which is different from the webserver).
c. I was hoping to receive a ticket back but am getting an exception.
d. I was going to construct a URL dynamically with the ticket I received to reach the tableau view. Since I got the exception in step c, I could not get authentication/the view to work.
It works normally with the forms authentication. My trusted host is also getting recognized (because I receive different response from trusted and untrusted webservers). Something is going wrong with the ticket getting issued.
Please let me know what I am missing.