3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2012 12:39 AM by Albert.Birck

Scorecards and KPIs

. kskistad

What is the best way to create scorecards and KPIs in Tableau?  I'm thinking about the traditional setup that shows a dollar amount, a stoplight-type indicator (green/yellow/red), and trend arrow, all in the same cell, or at least in columns side-by-side.

Also, is it possible to do conditional formatting, similar to the way Excel does theirs?  For example, if the value of a data point is<50 then RED/BOLD; if between 50-100 then YELLOW/BOLD;If > 100 then GREEN/BOLD.

• 1. Re: Scorecards and KPIs
          Michael Cristiani

This training video: Guided Analytics, starting at about 22 minutes in, was very helpful on the subject of KPI dashboards.  That might get you started.  Surely there are other resources on this web site and on Tableau Public.

MANY BLESSINGS!

Peace and All Good!

Michael W Cristiani

• 2. Re: Scorecards and KPIs
            Michael Cristiani

The Advanced Topics - Guided Analytics training video has a discussion of this matter at about 22 minutes in.  Sorry I cannot provide the link here, but look under the learning center | on demand | on-demand.

Hope that helps.

MANY BLESSINGS!

Peace and All Good!

Michael W Cristiani

• 3. Re: Scorecards and KPIs

What you are asking for seems more like 'normal' visualizations to me.

There are several training options for that as already mentioned.

Furthermore, I'd get Stephen Few's 'Information Dashboard' book.

If there is a challenge with scorecards and Tableau then it is another one and not the visualization part. I'll create a new thread on that in 2 minutes in case you're interested.

Albert