Skip navigation

What Data Visualization rules/guidelines do you follow?

As a tableau user/developer you may be aware that data visualization "rules" or "guidelines" play a very important role in conveying information. In other words, it is not just about WHAT data is being visualized, but also HOW it is laid out on the screen/paper.

In light of this, which of the following options defines your approach to data visualization theory/guidelines?

Thanks for your participation!

Stefano Moro

Poll Results
  • I am a huge fan or Edward Tufte work. I have read some of his books and I always try to follow his guidelines/teachings. (0%)
    0/7
  • I am a huge fan of Stephen Few. I have read some of his books, follow his blog, etc... and I always try to follow his guidelines/teachings. (0%)
    0/7
  • I agree with both 1 and 2 (29%)
    2/7
  • I have heard of the two gentlemen listed above, and I may even have read something about what they have to say, but I honestly don't think it is really that important. I just rely on my taste and some common sense. (29%)
    2/7
  • I've never heard of the gentlemen listed above. After all, Tableau's defaults are just fine, and in any case I follow my taste and my client/user's directions. (43%)
    3/7
  • Other (feel free to mention other authors, books, etc...) (0%)
    0/7

Comments

Archive Poll

Confirm archive of What Data Visualization rules/guidelines do you follow?

Archiving expires a poll and removes it from the active polls list.

To restore an archived poll, edit the poll, change the dates as desired, and save the poll.

Delete Poll

Warning: This will delete the poll and all of its comments.