Dynamically Selecting Measure & Dimension values in the View.
Parameter: Parameters are variable, which are used to pass the values dynamically to the view.
An example of using Parameter is "Dynamically Selecting Measure & Dimension values in the View.
1) Create a Parameter for Dimension Selection purpose "Dimension Parameter", By using this Parameter, we can select the Dimension Value (Field) dynamically.
2) Create a Parameter for Measure Selection purpose "Measure Parameter", By using this Parameter, we can select the Measure Value (Field) dynamically.
3) Create a Calculated Field for Dimension Selection using the syntax in the image.
4) Create another calculated field for Measure Selection like below image.
3) Place "Measure Selection", "Dimension Selection"calculated fields, Right click on both Parameters & Click on "Show Parameter Control". (Note: We can select Max 1 Value at a time from any parameter, It means Parameter limitation is Select Max 1 Value at a time.)
============================== The following example explains when measures located on two databases.
Create a Parameter
By using Parameter, create 2 Calculation for QS1, QS2
Then Place two measures on the Report like below image.Then you can define different marks for both measures.