6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2019 8:09 PM by Shashank Gupta

Waterfall Chart

Shashank Gupta

I am trying to create a waterfall chart for cost movement from 2018 ytd to 2019 ytd.

It should show 2018 ytd total, direct cost and indirect cost variable variance between 2019 ytd and 2018 ytd, 2019 ytd total.

I was able to create in 2 pages and merged them in single dashboard. Now I want to create all in single page instead of multiple pages.

• 1. Re: Waterfall Chart
          Soumitra Godbole

Hi Shashank,

In the past couple of months I have helped build 2 different types of Waterfall charts. It would greatly help

if you have dummy data by any chance. Meanwhile I have posted the 2 threads along with a screenshot of

how each one works and what is the end result. Follow the 2 urls and you will be able to download twbx files

and get step by step details on building different Waterfall charts.

1) Waterfall chart in a Single View (fun and challenging) :

Waterfall

Waterfall 1.png

2) Waterfall chart combining 3 visuals (relatively easier):

Visualization & scaling

Waterfall 2.PNG

I sincerely hope you find the above links useful and are able to create your visual using a similar approach. Do let me

know in case of any questions. Also in case this answers your question, then please mark as helpful, correct answer.

Best Wishes !

Sincerely,

Soumitra

• 2. Re: Waterfall Chart
            Shashank Gupta

Soumitra Godbole

Thank you for sharing the solution. I am preparing the Cost and revenue waterfall chart. In above example we have entity that we can assume as Revenue or Expense Items, but we do not have entity number or number against revenue or expense.

• 3. Re: Waterfall Chart
              Soumitra Godbole

You're welcome and I hope you were able to create your Waterfall chart. Best wishes !

Sincerely,

Soumitra

• 4. Re: Waterfall Chart
                Shashank Gupta

I am still trying to work out the solution for waterfall chart. My data has all the expense hierarchy from parent to child. I have tried the above solution, but it is not working

• 5. Re: Waterfall Chart
                  Soumitra Godbole

Hi Shashank,

It would have helped if you had provided some dummy data as the earlier charts were made

for specific data structures and parameters/filters. Please provide some dummy data or an

attached workbook and we'll be glad to help create your visual. Best wishes !

Sincerely,
                  Soumitra

• 6. Re: Waterfall Chart
                    Shashank Gupta

Soumitra Godbole

Account  month.  Amount

Cost1.       Jan.     100

Cost2.        Jan      200

Cost3.        Jan.     300

Cost4.        Jan.     400

Cost1.        Feb      200

Cost2.        Feb.     300

Cost3.        Feb.     400

This is the dummy data I have made as I can't share the original data.

I just need to select the month waterfall would be updated accordingly