3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2019 12:25 PM by Eric Pyatt

Write-back functionality expert/teacher needed. Will buy you coffee!!!

Eric Pyatt

I am working on a project where I am looking to incorporate write-back functionality. I've seen several posts in the community that list a few different options but have been unsuccessful implementing them on my own... I'd like someone to walk me through the steps to set it up so that I understand the process. I’m using an Alteryx workflow to access a saved spreadsheet (out on a network drive), doing a little magic in alteryx and then publishing it as a tableau data source. I am also writing the output to excel as well. Ideally, I’d like to have users update values of a column using text in the spreadsheet via the dashboard and have it saved. I’ve figured out how to use the Xpand-it extension (see below) but it is limited with the functionality.

Write back.png

I can only use it with google sheets when signed in from my personal account.

I saw out on the community where people are using GitHub in order to work on similar projects that provide a write-back function. Can you help walk me through the steps to set it up?

Or perhaps can you point me in the direction of someone who can?

Ms.keshia rose had a good discussion going in the community and that’s why I am looking at GitHub now.

Let me know if anyone is willing to assist, any help or insight is appreciated.

Tableau write back extensionTableau Write Back to Database

Message was edited by: Toby Erkson:  @Mentions removed.