At Cadmus, our Homeland Security Sector provides clients with pragmatic solutions to their most important analytical and policy challenges. We bring together a team of outstanding professionals who have earned a reputation of responsive and client-focused support for a wide range of homeland security, intelligence, and counterterrorism agencies at all levels of government. Our client-oriented approach, coupled with our profound and relevant subject matter expertise, enables us to bring an incisive edge to solving the most critical national security problems.
Our Homeland Security Sector seeks qualified candidates to provide data analytic support. Successful candidates will have at least 3 years of experience in data analysis, modeling, and/or data management. Candidates must have 2 years of experience providing direct support to clients and a M.A. or M.S. degree from an accredited institution. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a professional services firm and/or a government agency.
The Specialist works closely with senior project managers to deliver high-quality, data-driven products and analysis to meet and exceed client expectations. Specifically, the Specialist helps clients and internal stakeholders to establish and implement data and analytical practices that drive decision-making. Standard work includes:
- designing methodologies and data collection approaches,
- conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection,
- conducting statistical analysis,
- developing data visualizations using industry standard software and tools,
- devising and producing new, complex data products and tools, and
- communicating findings through presentations, visualizations, dashboards, reports, and white papers
To support business development and organizational growth, Specialists strive to improve data fluency within the company, its clients, and their stakeholders. The Specialist achieves this by:
- identifying opportunities to improve offerings to current clients,
- assisting in proposal development by designing technical solutions,
- developing and delivering internal training content, and
- mentoring and directing analysts in data analysis and visualization
- M.A. or M.S. degree from an accredited institution
- At least 3 years experience supporting data analytics
- Excellent writing/editing, analytical, communications, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in relevant software programs including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with industry standard data analysis and visualization software, such as R, ArcGIS, or Tableau
- Command of the English language in both written and spoken format
- As a representative of Cadmus, possess the ability to demonstrate professionalism and sound judgment in interactions with clients and colleagues
- Candidates selected will be subject to a security investigation and should be able to meet suitability requirements.
- Experience working with a professional services consulting firm, DHS, Public Health, and/or the Federal Government is preferred
- Experience with a programming language, such as SQL, Python, or Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
Candidates should submit a resume, a cover letter explaining interest and relevant qualifications, and a 2-3 page writing sample that demonstrates the ability to synthesize large amounts of information (on any topic) into a concise actionable summary.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ***, national origin, protected veteran's status, or disability.