1 of 1 people found this helpful
Use a 'self' join on a dummy field to spread the true date to the null fields like so:
1. Create a dummy field called Link Field with a value of 1
2. Create a separate branch with just only the date field and all the nulls removed
4. You will now have a step that has only one row (your true date) and only one field.
5. Create a Link Field in this branch as well with a value of 1
6. Join on the Link Field. You now have the original date (non-null) spread out across every row in the original data - because you created a fake/dummy linking field to match it to.
7. Tidy up by removing the un-needed link field and the extra date field.
8. Make sure you rename the date field you want back to Date from Date-1