5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2019 11:51 AM by Don Wise

Creating a shaded map (by number of records) with lat/long in one file and geometry in another?

Anonymous .

Hi guys!

I'm new to using Tableau for mapping. I can't share the data, as it's sensitive and linked to Salesforce, but I will try to explain the situation to the best of my abilities.

I have granular Latitude/Longitude data for multiple different households and organizations, pulling from Salesforce. I also have a Shapefile (.shp) which has neighborhood boundaries represented by the Geometry field (again, see attached picture). I would like to create a shaded map showing the neighborhood boundaries, but shaded by the number of households/organizations within the neighborhood boundary. Any tips on how to do this? I'm not sure how to merge together the Salesforce data with the Shapefile as there is no Geometry field in Salesforce, just Latitude and Longitude measures. Also, when I try to map the individual households/organizations by Lat/Long, it can only display as a singular household point on the map, instead of many points.

Thank you so much for your time and expertise!

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 2.42.15 PM.png