Excellent Tool. Thank you!
I've been having the same problem. Errors like this usually relate to the VBA Reference libraries but I can't find what it is it's missing.
Hi all. Yes, this is a very nice tool. The error you see is due to changes in the dll's that run with the newer Microsoft operating systems. Where you see MSXML2.Document in the VBA, this now needs to be MSXML2.Document60
Making these changes (it occurs a few times in the code) will get it to work as designed.
Public Function AuditWorkbook (twice)
Private Function AuditConnections
Private Function AuditWorksheets
Private Function AuditDashboards
Does it show underlying table details of a published data source?
e.g. If a workbook has 2 published datasources. 1. Sales 2. Profit. underlying table for 1. Sales is sales_Test. Underlying tables for 2.Profit are profit_test and percent_profit_test. Does this show the table names sales_Test, profit_test and percent_profit_test? or just tableau published data source name?
I tried running the audit and only saw published data source names. I just want to make sure I am not missing on anything.
I've gotten this to work again after several years in remission and jumping through several technical hurdles and using Stephen Wagner 's solution posted earlier in this thread by clicking my heals 3 times. I have to say that was pretty wonky but it actually worked! And while it ran the audit and created the workbook, the issue I'm having is ALL of the calculated fields in the tool-tips are showing as [Calculation_123456...….] and not the actual calculations which is a real bummer.
Yeah: A re-write!
Tableau has changed a lot since this was created. It's time to pull the plug on this and get a modern one created. With the document API it may even be easier if someone knows how to use them.