5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2019 8:26 AM by Jim Dehner

General Demographic Display Questions

Kat K

Hi! I'm trying to display some demographic displays for different dates (identified by their ID) in the attached workbook.

I have a few (probably simple) questions:

1. Gender

How can I make it display as follows?

Right now the numbers are being shown next to shapes icons, and stacked. On my dashboard, I want it to just look like that with no additional field labels - in my current workbook, I've broken it down by date ID, but I want just one to show the aggregate breakdown of females/males across all dates. I'm hoping to eventually have other details about the date displayed, so when someone selects a particular date ID, this graphic changes to reflect the gender breakdown for that particular date.

Also, would like to colour those pink and blue if possible and have the %'s rounded to two decimal places!

2. Age

Same idea as gender - currently have a pie chart and would like it to display an aggregate % for all dates; when a particular date is selected, the breakdown changes based on that one date.

3. Satisfaction ratings

Same thing again - want it to reflect the aggregate data, but to be for specific dates when selected. Also wanted to check that if I click to exclude nulls, the %s don't include nulls in the total? There are a ton of blanks in the data.

Lots of questions but I think they're probably quite simple - appreciate any help very much! I'm new to Tableau so having some troubles with the basics.