5 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2019 3:36 AM by Nagendra Ganti

Trying to calculate Active status (New, Retain and Churn) for a customer using start date and end date.

Nagendra Ganti

Hi All,

Me and my team is trying to calculate Active status (New, Retain and Churn) for a customer using start date and end date.  I have attached  sample workbook from earlier post in the forum which I was using for testing.

I have tried to explain in detail my request below. I would really appreciate if you guys could help me find a solution.

In below image we were able to solve stage 1 where we wanted to check the active status for a customer in the give quarter  using below solution from the forum.

Identification of Active Customers in a Given Period

Stage 2 and 3 focuses on converting the Stage 1 into Active customer status.  So we are trying to create a Stacked bar which will show customers who are new , Retained or Churned in specified quarter.

My Approach so far for stage 2 and 3 :

I have tried to create Window_Count() function and  used if else statement  to assign the status for each customer and Quarter. However it doesn't help me in achieving Stage 3 which I want to group Status and Quarter and remove Customers.

Calculations I created:

Active Status:

if [Window Calc]= 1

then "New"

elseif [Window Calc]= ((-1*sum([Quarter diff]))+1) then "Churn"

elseif [Window Calc]>1 and [Window Calc]< ((-1*sum([Quarter diff]))+1) then

"Retain"

end

Window Calc:

WINDOW_COUNT([CountD Customer],sum([Quarter diff]),0 )

Message was edited by: Nagendra Ganti