I have not found any other reports of the error occurring with the extension. I would reach out to the creators of the extension to get some additional assistance: https://www.theinformationlab.co.uk/
If you found a workaround or root cause of the behavior please share it with the Tableau Community to help others that might find this thread.
I am experiencing the same issue with the Export All extension. Just wanted to know how you approached this problem and if you heard anything back from Craig. Thanks!
I am facing the issue with the Export All extension. Have you made any progress on getting a resolution or work around?
Sorry for throwing out another "Export All" question, but has anyone else had trouble getting the data to open up in an Excel window. When I click on the "export all" button, I get the data that I selected in the sheets and columns that I selected in the "configure" window, opening up in a window that says "tableau" on the top, not excel. It is as if the button does not have permission to open Excel. Any ideas?
Are you trying the extension on Desktop? This extension works only in Tableau Online or Server.
Lets me know if you made working,
I have the same problem, it appears that it's not about amount of record, but I only get the first 225 rows per view. Anything I am missing?
I have been hesitant to post that we found a solution, because I don't have all the details of the solution. However, I have decided to post in the hopes that a suggestion is better than silence.
In essence, one of our developers discovered a recursive statement in the code for the export extension which put a limit on the number of records that could be exported. Since the code is open source and available on GitHub, he tweaked the code to modify that statement, and now it works.
I wish I could provide more information, but I don't have access to the modified code itself. Hopefully the clue will be helpful.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Apologies for the radio silence on this. I wasn't able to offer any time to work on a fix until recently when I've reworked the entire extension. You can read more about all the updated features here https://theinformationlab.co.uk/2019/07/18/export-all-extension-for-tableau-v2-released/ but more to your specific issue, the data export limit has been resolved.
Please feel free to register any further issues you find and track updates at https://github.com/TheInformationLab/Tableau-Extension-ExportData/issues