At the Broad, you’ll find a diverse group of individuals — from professional scientists and graduate students to academic faculty and administrative professionals. Together, this community is tackling the most daunting biomedical problems with the goal of transforming human health. Broad’s collaborative nature requires space to be fluid, dynamic and accommodate ever-changing teams and styles of working. We’re rethinking how we design and utilize space at Broad, and are looking for a creative leader to help us on this journey.
This new role will allow Broad to better understand how space impacts the employee experience and scientific discovery. You’ll be asked to tackle important questions such as:
- How can we understand in real-time how office and lab space is being used?
- What data do we need to better inform how we allocate and design our space?
- What models can we build to help us more effectively drive collaboration through space design?
- How can we predict our office and lab space needs over the next several years?
You will both develop the big questions with Space Planning and Design (SPD) and generate creative approaches to finding the answers. Similar to how our scientific groups collaborate deeply and across group bounds, so too will this role. This role will be part of People Insights and the SPD team. The People Insights team uses behavioral data to uncover insights that shape the employee experience and better integrate, motivate, and retain our people.
- Develop a deep understanding of Broad’s real estate strategies, organizational culture, and growth trends to tackle complex business challenges and deliver actionable insights and guidance to decision-makers.
- Apply your expertise in data visualization to help Broad Space Planning and Design department make data driven decisions about space utilization, space acquisition, and project management.
- Assist with space and square footage studies for a variety of administrative and scientific departments
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets to distill insights from data and connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations using creative, structured and analytical thinking.
- Translate findings into stories using impactful visualization and narrative that influence leaders to take action.
- Partner with other business teams cross-functionally to lead Broad’s innovative approach to integrated real estate strategy, growth planning, and facilities scenario planning
- MS in a field emphasizing space design, analytics, architecture, or organization effectiveness
- 5-10 years experience as a People, Facilities, or similar analyst/job function
- Proven ability to collaborate on projects, working with multiple people, and presenting to various audiences
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment. Need to be curious, wonder “what if,” be okay with not knowing the answers right away, and be able to collaborate with others who can collectively “figure it out.”
- Experience with data visualization tools, preferably Tableau
- Experience with Revit preferred
- Knowledge of the real estate life cycle, expense forecasting and ability to conceptualize future-state data architecture preferred
This posting will be updated with a link to the Broad careers site once it is available. In the meantime questions can be sent to zleber at broadinstitute.org.