Please see the attached workbook, in one example I used a jitter chart, it spreads the data out more:
Alternatively a dumbell chart might work well as you can compare two things easily:
price comparison_v10.5 ML.twbx 279.3 KB
Sander van der Valden
I explored the main requirements for this vis and suggest that a dashboard is the best approach.
- Allow you to see overall the percentage of properties above and below the competitors' pricing for each date
- Allows a drill down to identify specific properties to look at further.
The steps I took are as follows:
- Filter, and join data in Tableau prep to get the data for each property.
- Create a calc in Tableau Desktop to identify records which are above and below competitors' pricing.
- Create the date worksheet.
- Create the Property worksheet.
- Create a dashboard allowing drill down by date and pricing status.
Please find all files attached.