There can actually be quite a few reasons for this. In the past I've seen similar behaviours when using certificates to authenticate.
Are you using any ? You might need to install required certificates (if used to authenticate through the proxy) on your android device directly.
How to install certificates on android
If that doesn't work I suggest opening a case with our support team as they will be able to investigate logs and see where the connection went wrong.
Hello! I'm having the same problem. Did you fix it?
I am the Product Manager for Tableau Mobile. I hope I can help here.
Proxy authentication is not currently supported in the Tableau Mobile app for Android, but that is about to change. We are currently working on a new, re-designed version of Tableau Mobile that is just a couple of months away from release. A priority for us with the new release to to maintain feature parity across iOS and Android, and this means that the new app will include proxy authentication for Android.
You can test the new app now (it is in public beta), but the proxy auth features are not yet in there. They should be coming soon, and we won't release the app without this capability.
If you are interested, you get access the beta as follows:
- iOS devices
- From the iOS App Store, install the TestFlight app on your device. TestFlight is Apple's private App Store for pre-release apps.
- Then, from the same device, tap this link: Join the Tableau Beta beta - TestFlight - Apple
- This should open TestFlight with Tableau Beta in the list. You can install from there.
- Android devices:
- Search for Tableau in the Google Play Store
- Along with the shipping version of Tableau Mobile, you will also see Tableau Beta in the list
- Install Tableau Beta from there
To learn more about the beta program for Tableau Mobile, check out:
- iOS: Tableau Mobile for iOS Pre-Release | Tableau Software
- Android: Tableau Mobile for Android Pre-Release | Tableau Software
- iOS devices