1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 21, 2018 1:19 AM by Ciara Brennan

Change email address

Sarra EL MAY

Hi,

I need to change the email address of my Public Tableau Software account.
      When editing an error message appears 'Incorrect current email address and/or password'.

However, i'm sure that i mentioned the correct adress and password which i used to connect with.

Thank you in advance for your help

• 1. Re: Change email address
          Ciara Brennan

Hi Sarra

To change your Tableau Public email address please follow the steps in the FAQ.

If it's a case that the password you entered is slightly wrong, then you can request a reset password email

Tableau Public Frequently Asked Questions

Hope this helps

Ciara

How do I change the email address associated with my account?

1. To change the email address associated with an account log into your Tableau Public account > Settings > Email & Password.
          2. From the Email & Password Tab you can change the email address associated with the account by putting in the email into the ‘New Email’ box.
          3. Note to make this change you will need to add in the email address currently associated with the account, and your password.

public email change.jpg

I've forgotten my password. How do I reset it?

Just follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Forgot your password?’ and enter your email address to get a reset password email.
          2. Go to your email, open the “Password reset” email and click on the link to reset your password. It should redirect you to your profile page.
          3. Enter your new password and click ok.