Position: Sr Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: Waltham, MA
Buyers Edge Platform is a newly formed services entity born out of the 20-year growth and success of its founding companies Dining Alliance, Buyers Edge Purchasing and Consolidated Concepts. Buyers Edge Platform represents a network of over 20 companies, and extends its technology solutions, administrative services, sales operations, partnerships and contracts to empower ‘members’ by leveraging the Platform’s resources and collective scale. Buyers Edge Platform represents over $7 Billion in annual food purchased across the country. At the core of the “Platform” is the Buyers Edge software, which provides powerful data management, contract management, and analytics tools to businesses in the foodservice value chain.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will report to the VP of Sales Operations. This position is not currently a management position however it has a lot of growth potential by being a central driver for building out the BI capabilities within the Sales Operations group. While the position is based in our headquarters office in Waltham, MA it would be eligible to work from home with an agreed upon schedule after an onboarding period. The Buyers Edge Platform company culture is lively, fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and work/life balance friendly. We have a comprehensive benefits plan and a personal responsibility PTO policy. Change is constant at our companies so comfortability with less-structured, evolving environments is a must.
The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst serves as the liaison between the end users (Sales leadership, Sales teams, and the Senior Leadership Team) and Analytics / Data Operations team and gathers business requirements, prepares the BI outputs utilizing visual tools, and able to articulate the findings. Using your deep analytical and technical skills to articulate sales data needs, define problems, build models, and develop strong recommendations should be exciting to you. You will roll-up your sleeves, dig into a variety of data sources, perform analyses, help drive BI project implementation, and track your projects' and outputs impact. You will weave stories with meaningful insight from data to improve problem solving for sales measurements, defining growth strategies and other strategic sales related projects. You will be responsible for providing sales & business performance analysis, reporting, and forecasting.
Buyers Edge Platform is unable to provide sponsorship for employment visa for this position.
- Create sales and revenue dashboards and reports using Tableau (our data visualization software) and in cooperation with our Salesforce team
- Contribute intellectual capital with regard to measurement, analytics, research, and insights
- Present strategic and analytic recommendations to Sales Leaders, Executives and Key Stakeholders to drive business decisions
- Help evaluate and recommend data driven vendors and solutions to bring all required data together in a single source (currently we have many sources for our data).
- Work with IT to develop and improve data warehouse capabilities in line with organizational needs
- Interview end users to determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, service levels, data quality, and performance
- Work with architects to translate requirements into technical specifications
- Document BI requirements
- Help identify and assess potential data sources
- Recommend appropriate scope of requirements and priorities
- Validate that BI meets requirements and service level agreements
- Coordinate prototype reviews and gather feedback
- Oversee the management of BI Tools (such as Tableau and Salesforce)
- 3+ years experience with Business Intelligence tools (Tableau certification required)
- 2+ years experience with relational databases (MySQL preferred)
- 2+ years experience with CRM tools (Salesforce preferred)
- Specific Salesforce experience: report/dashboard building, Wave/Einstein Analytics) strongly preferred
- Experience with utilizing and/or modeling multiple data sources simultaneously, identifying, and procuring third party data.
- Understanding of KPI measurements and analytics, with the ability to provide meaningful insight to the internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Possesses intellectual curiosity, problem-solving skills, and has a revenue driven attitude with regard to understanding business context and impact
- 401k Incentive Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short-term disability insurance
- Personal Responsible Paid Time Off policy
- Advancement Opportunities
- Gym Membership Discount
Please click the following link to apply: Sr Business Intelligence Analyst - Career Page
Thanks for your interest