1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2018 5:44 AM by Tobias Forsberg Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Weekfilter on dashboard
        Sander Binda

I could open it, your solution is getting in the right direction.

I've added the workbook again, if you open it you see that  I added a filter.

I want to have all weeks aggregrated when the filter is on 'all' and else it has to show the week the filter has selected.

Is this possible?

Because with your solution, if the parameter is on 'all weeks aggregrated', i have to switch to week and then use the filter to pick a certain week.

I would like a solution where I don't have to use the parameter and the view is purely based on the filter.

• 16. Re: Weekfilter on dashboard
          Tobias Forsberg

Hi, okey... I admitt. This is not the cutest ever but quit creative....

Look in the attached and please respond if this solves your problems (and please like/mark as helpful etc if so).

Good luck

(There are som "fake" hierarchies etc so I understand if it is a bit hard to follow. Also an alias on null values (wich is the total) as "All weeks")

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 17. Re: Weekfilter on dashboard
            Sander Binda

Tobias, first thank you your endless help.

Just to make sure I understand what you did:

When the parameter is on aggregrated but you still switch the filter to a singular week you see (in this case) the number of records of the 1 week the filter is on.

If this is correct then I just need 1 more tweak to get to the result Im looking for. Next to the measure I also want the headers to change.

• 18. Re: Weekfilter on dashboard
              Tobias Forsberg

No problem!

What should the headers change to?

• 19. Re: Weekfilter on dashboard
                Sander Binda

To show the respective weeks.

Because now, when the parameter is on 'all weeks aggregrated' the header stays on 'all weeks' even when the measure represents the number of records of just 1 week.

The other way around the, when the parameter is on 'single weeks' and I filter on 1 week then I see the correct header. But then when I filter on all 4 weeks it shows 4 headers with the number of records for each week seperately instead of 'all week' and all number of records combined.

So basically I want both parameters options combined:

Filter on all weeks should show the header 'all weeks' and the measure should show the combined values of all weeks.

Filter on 1 week it should show 'week N' and the measure value of that week.

• 20. Re: Weekfilter on dashboard
                  Tobias Forsberg

Sorry mate... cant figure it out...

Have tried with like:

ELSEIF [timeselect] = '2' AND [WeekCheck] = True..............

Where WeekCheck is someting like:

TOTALT COUNTD([Weeks] )) = SUM( {FIXED : COUNTD([Weeks]) } )

Cant get it to work though.... Maybee its not even possible, I dont know.

I stop here unfortunately. If possible, please reward me with some likes or helpful marks... That would be great after this "defeat"...

Good luck!

• 21. Re: Weekfilter on dashboard
                    Sander Binda

Thats unfortunate Tobias, nonetheless thank you for the effort and help. I learned a lot so the time was not wasted, atleast not from my side.

Every one of your posts was useful so I marked them all.

• 22. Re: Weekfilter on dashboard
                      Tobias Forsberg

Thanks!

Well, this is why I do it. To help, to help myself, to learn.

Thanks a lot and good luck. If I am bored sometimes I will “win” over this problem…    I am quit new to Tableau so I am learning every day…

/ T

1 2 Previous Next