1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 3, 2019 10:30 AM by Patrick Van Der Hyde

Calculations for subsets vs. total

Zach Ferris

I want to look at the SUM([BAL AMT]) in 90+ day bins on the numerator and the total SUM([BAL AMT]) in the denominator. Any ideas??

• 1. Re: Calculations for subsets vs. total
          Patrick Van Der Hyde

Hello Zach,

See the attached workbook showing hot to accomplish this.  It took me a few steps and others may have better ideas but I took the Service Dt date field and calculated the difference in days between the first and last date in the field and then used the first date as a value to find the difference between the current date and first date.  This difference field is used as the Bins field for 90 days and named [Days since first date(bin)] and used on the Columns shelf.

I then calculated the Sum(Bal Amt) for the bin fields by just using that field to get our 90 day bin values.

next I created a table calculation with the Total() function to get the total for all dates.

finally, I created a calculation that divides the 90 day bin value by the total.

I hope this helps you.

I saved this in version 10.4 for sharing with the widest audience possible.

I hope this helps.  Regards and Happy New Years. 

Patrick