1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2018 8:10 AM by soni s Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Re: How to get same scale on x and y axis for scatter plot
        Canon Pattillo

Hi Joshua,

I went through this solution and was unsuccessful. My theory is that in this case, Sales will always be greater than profit, so plotting the MAX on the X axis is appropriate because the scenario will not flip. In my data set, this is not true. I am using this idea to plot a subject vs a benchmark, so if the metric (% of Practice in this case) is higher for the benchmark, the point will land somewhere below the reference line. But if the subject has a value, the point will land above the ref line. With this solution, the greater of the 2 is plotted on the x axis, so all points are below the ref line and the worksheet is meaningless because i do not get a true sense of the benchmark / subject comparison. Could this be user error?

Please use HCC 2 and HCC 20 as a sample.

Thanks in advance.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • 16. Re: How to get same scale on x and y axis for scatter plot
          Joe Milo

Hi Canon- I'm curious- did you ever find a solution to this? I am running into the exact same problem. I wanted to use Joshua's solution, as I need to sync the axes AND add the 45 degree reference line, but I have the same solution where the X and Y values are flipped when I try to create the visual, based on which is higher.

• 17. Re: Re: How to get same scale on x and y axis for scatter plot
            soni s

Thank you Jonathan!!

I have used so many of your solutions. it has helped me a lot!!

1 2 Previous Next