1 of 1 people found this helpful
Find the Steps below
1) Copy the Sheets from PWB2 to PWB1
2) Once You Copied the sheets you will get two data sourcesEG: PWB2 -> PWD2 Data Source and PWB1 --> PWD1 Data source
3) Add the new data source which you want to change for PWD2
eg: D3 --> is the new data source ( CTRL + D --> Tableau Server --> Select the Published Data Source)
4) Once you added the D3 now your dashbaord is having 3 data sources
PWD1, PWD2, D3
5) Click on PWD2 --> Replace Data source
6) A Popup will open asking to select the current and replacement data source
Current : PWD2
Replacement : D3
7) Once you have done the replacement, all the sheets which you copied from the PWB2 will point to the new data source called D3 and PWB1 data source remains Same.
Hope this helps,
Plz mark this answer as correct or helpful to close the thread
Thanks for the reply but I answered my question be for I saw your reply. Here is what I did...
From the Data Source tab in Production WorkBook 1 (PWB1) I added the published data source from Production WorkBook2 (PWB2). Lets call it DS2. Then I copied in all 6 sheets from PWB2 into PWB1 but I copied in an extra copy of the last sheet. This copied in an instance of the sheet's data source so it replicated DS2 7 times. So I had the following data sources after coping in all the sheets.
DS1 - Original Data source for existing sheets in PWB1
DS2 - The one I added to the PWB1
DS2(1) - Replicated on coping Sheet1
DS2(2) - Replicated on coping Sheet2
DS2(3) - Replicated on coping Sheet3
DS2(4) - Replicated on coping Sheet4
DS2(5) - Replicated on coping Sheet5
DS2(6) - Replicated on coping Sheet6
DS2(7) - Replicated on coping the extra Sheet6
The trick was replacing 1-6 with the data source I added. This was done by Clicking on DS2(n) --> Replace Data source. I then just deleted DS2(7).
I am not sure if this is a supported method but it worked in my case. If this is helpful please mark it as such.
Glad to hear you have an answer Doug!
Will mark it as closed
[Program Manager - Tableau Community]