5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2018 8:33 AM by . Ashish

Tableau Exception error

Taha Abrar

I keep getting these errors whenever I open and then try to publish my workbook to Tableau Public.

I suspect it might be a local issue - see below. Can anyone enlighten me as to how to fix?

Tableau exception 2.PNG

Tableau exception.PNG

There are no further details.

Please can anyone give me some guidance as to why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

Taha

• 1. Re: Tableau Exception error
          Kashish Bhola

Hi Taha!

You can refer to this link Save Workbooks to Tableau Public

Regards

Kashish Bhola

• 2. Re: Tableau Exception error
            Taha Abrar

Thanks Kashish - I can't see any details re: my query here though?

• 3. Re: Tableau Exception error
              . Ashish

Hello,

Can you please try these steps:

1. From the Server Menu -> Sign In option -> Sign out  (not from the workbook's bottom sign-out)

2. From the Server Menu -> Sign In -> type the website as: https://public.tableau.com/

If it does not ask for your credentials, which happens mostly when sign-out and sign-in immediately back, then make sure you sign-out again as in step 1.

(This is the most important step which I noticed during my ordeal for around 3 hours)

3. Provide your credentials again to sign-in

4. Now Save the workbook either using Server -> Tableau Public -> Save to or Save As option.

I tested these steps for the first time publish as well as after publishing -> making changes.

Regards,

Ashish

• 4. Re: Tableau Exception error
                Taha Abrar

Hi Ashish,

thanks for you help! Unfortunately this did not work. I think it might be a local problem - I have edited above.

• 5. Re: Tableau Exception error
                  . Ashish

Hello Taha,

I had another trick which worked for the same error. But it works only if you have the workbook already published earlier and when you are trying to re-publish it later. I have tested this using Tableau Desktop not Tableau Public software.

The trick is to download the published file and open that published file in Desktop. Publish the same downloaded file without any changes again to Tableau Public. If this get's published successfully (which it should), then without closing it or signing out, make the required changes/updates to this workbook and republish again to Tableau Public.

Thanks,

Ashish