Please Follow This. This way you can downgrade to any version you want. If you are still not able to do and can attach workbook here, then I can do it for you.
We don't have Tableau Server in our company. Other users only open the Tableau Package (twbx) file with Tableau Reader 10.0
I need to downgrade my file in Tableau Package 10.5 to Tableau Package 10.0 for them to view.
The reference guide is meant for downgrade a Tableau Workbook (twb) and not Package (twbx).
Anyway to downgrage twbx file?
It is for .twbx only. Please go through carefully and try.
HI Wui Heng Goh,
You need to do following steps to achieve the same.
1) Open the work book with 10.5
2) Export the version to 10.2 ( Since export to version available up to 10.2 only )
3) Open a workbook with 10.5 below version desktop and create a extract
4) Once it is done , save the file
5) Click on the saved file and extract the contents of the file since its a packaged file (best software use winrar)
6) Open the .twb file with notepad ++
7) Use CTRL+F to search for 10.5 and replace the 10.5 with 10.0
8) use winrar to zip data, twb and other supported which comes along with twbx with new 10.0 version workbook
9) now you can open 10.0 version
check the below url if you find any doubts while editing XML File
Kindly Mark this question as helpful/correct so that it will help others