As this is a recurring issue what I suggest is the following:
- check the extract logs to see the reason for extract failure or u can find the reason in server logs
- run a repair of tableau desktop client software in your desktop or laptop and see if the workbook gets fixed
- uninstall and reinstall tableau desktop client and see if it works
- ** higher version of desktop
if you have latest version of tableau desktop on different machine or same machine(side by side install) i suggest to open this twbx file in higher version and then save a copy of higher version and check workbook post the extract refreshes.
probably try trial version without activating and see if this helps out.
- contacting tableau support (if nothing seems to helping in your case)
hope it helps.
Thanks for getting back to me so fast, Kumar!
I tried it on a 2nd workstation still running Windows 7 (I'm running 10) and had no luck. I obtained a Win 7 laptop and installed 2018.1 and have the same issue.
Looks like a workbook issue so I opened a ticket.