Find my approach as reference below and stored in attached workbook version 10.3 located in the original thread.
1. NM D1. Year: year([date])
2. NM M1. 2016: if [NM D1. Year]=2016 then [value] END
3. NM M2. 2017: if [NM D1. Year]=2017 then [value] END
4. NM M3. 2018: if [NM D1. Year]=2018 then [value] END
5. NM P1 Year High and NM P2 Year Low
6. NM M4. Year Low:
if [NM P2. Year low]='2016' then [NM M1. 2016]
elseif [NM P2. Year low]='2017' then [NM M2. 2017]
elseif [NM P2. Year low]='2018' then [NM M3. 2018]
7. NM M5. Year High
if [Nm P1. Year high]='2016' then [NM M1. 2016]
elseif [Nm P1. Year high]='2017' then [NM M2. 2017]
elseif [Nm P1. Year high]='2018' then [NM M3. 2018]
8. NM M6. Delta:sum([NM M4. Year Low])-sum([NM M5. Year High])
9. Drag the required objects to the indicated locations and show parameter control
YOY advanced_nalmai_10.3.twbx 33.8 KB
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! Is it possible that you could share the 10.2 version of the workbook? I want to make sure that your instructions are compatible with my system.
Thanks again ☺
Thanks for the response! Would it be possible to do this for multiple measure values as well? For example, if I have many different measure values going down the row instead of months with dates in the column, what would be the best way to calculate the variances?