5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2018 8:11 AM by Joe Oppelt

Multiple filters an calculations to concatenate strings and count frequency of combinations

melaniedddd

Hi Tableau community,

I have a data source with various columns, including these following I will use :

Date                Id       Products          Concatenate

01/02/2018     1          A                     AC

09/02/2018     2          B

09/02/2018     1          C

I've tried to find inspiration from this post but face to an issue : Concatenating data from child rows

So, my goal is to have concatenating datas from products too, but I need to add some filters and calculations in the view.

1. I need a filter in which one I select 2 dates --> done. For exemple, I want to select 01/02/2018 and 09/02/2018.

2. I need a filter which select only id which are present in both dates (so, only Id 1 here) but I also need a calculation to find the value (string format) in the second date. My wish is to have a concatenate result in order to have the first product and the second product (only one product per id and date. Here, I would like to have AC in a new column).

4. As I will always work on the same 3 products, so I will have 9 combinations, and I want be able to count the frequency of each combinations.

Unfortunately, I can't add workbook to this post. Hope you will have great ideas !

Thanks a lot for helping me,

Best regards,

Mélanie