1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2018 3:53 AM by Nick Hughes Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Problems with trusted auth after Tableau 10 upgrade
        Jorge Tautz

Hello Rick Kunkel, I'm aware of that. But thanks for the comment, it's nice to leave the record if someone use the instructions here without any prior knowlege.

Deepak Reddy Mogulla, Thom Gourley and Tharashasank Davuluru: Just got an e-mail from support, i'ts going to be fixed in version 10.0.2 10.0.3 10.0.4 (updated from new email, issue remains the same). The Issue ID is 565981. They don't have a definite date for this version yet, just keep an eye on the releases page here.

• 16. Re: Problems with trusted auth after Tableau 10 upgrade
          Deepak Reddy Mogulla

Hello Guys, I have upgraded my Dev box to 10.0.1 and tested my trusted ticket and it works without any extra command/s !!

So Jorge Tautz I recommend you to verify this once again if you have everything setup well. Else try installing the .1 version and see if it fixes the problem.

• 17. Re: Problems with trusted auth after Tableau 10 upgrade
            Jorge Tautz

Hey Deepak Reddy Mogulla, believe me I've checked this more than a couple times. My guess is that it's related to some specific configuration/content/version/thing of my installation.

Didn't make the upgrade to 10.0.1 yet, will let you know when I do.

• 18. Re: Problems with trusted auth after Tableau 10 upgrade
              Mango Hsieh

I encountered the same problem, and I upgraded to 10.0.3 but it did not fix the problem

• 19. Re: Problems with trusted auth after Tableau 10 upgrade
                Jorge Tautz

Hello Mango Hsieh, the issue ID that i mention on the answer post didn't make to version 10.0.3. I re-opened the issue with Tableau support, they told me that the fix is coming to version 10.0.4.

As soon as I install a version that fix this problem I will come back, I'm removing the "correct answer" status from this post until then.

• 20. Re: Problems with trusted auth after Tableau 10 upgrade
                  Aravind Gavini

Hi i am also facing the issue with trusted ticket so i changed according to the work around provided by  Jorge Tautz, in post (by setting the trusted ticket to unrestricted mode). Now the issue is  when i place this ticket to show the report embedded in the link as "https://<Tableau Server name>/trusted/<unique ticket from Step 4>/t/<site name where test user is hosted>/views/<workbook>/<view>" now instead of report i am getting a new ticket with date and time. please help how to show tableau V10 reports with trusted tickets.

Thanks

• 21. Re: Problems with trusted auth after Tableau 10 upgrade
                    Russell Christopher

Hi Aravind!

My first guess would be that your code is doing something that you aren't expecting. While nothing is 100% impossible, hitting the URL you pasted will never return a trusted ticket. You can prove this to yourself by:

• Manually generating a ticket
                    • Manually pasting it into server/trusted/TICKET/t/siteName/views/SomeWorkbook/Some/View
                    • Taking the resulting string and manually pasting it into your browser

Assuming you see a view (and not a new ticket), you can be sure Tableau is doing what it should.

If you have a specific page which demonstrates what you're seeing and/or snippet of code, please post it - I'm sure the folks here would be happy to take a quick look...

• 22. Re: Problems with trusted auth after Tableau 10 upgrade
                      Aravind Gavini

thanks for reply Russel Chirstopher,  below is the code to get the ticket
                      public JsonResult GetTableauTicket()

{

var ReportResult = GetReports();

var ServerHostIP = "http://" + ReportResult.Host;

string postData = "username=" + ReportResult.UserName;

ASCIIEncoding enc = new ASCIIEncoding();

byte[] data = enc.GetBytes(postData);

try

{

HttpWebRequest req = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(ServerHostIP);

req.Method = "POST";

req.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";

req.ContentLength = data.Length;

// Write the request

Stream outStream = req.GetRequestStream();

outStream.Write(data, 0, data.Length);

outStream.Close();

// Do the request to get the response

HttpWebResponse res = (HttpWebResponse)req.GetResponse();

StreamReader inStream = new StreamReader(res.GetResponseStream(), enc);

ReportResult.Token = inStream.ReadToEnd();

inStream.Close();

return Json(ReportResult, JsonRequestBehavior.AllowGet);

}

catch (Exception Ex)

{

return Json(ReportResult, JsonRequestBehavior.AllowGet);

}

}

Below is the method to make URL from token in the java script.

function LoadTableauReport() {

var TableauDataUrl = "@Url.Action("GetTableauTicket","Home")";

$.post(TableauDataUrl, function (ReportData) {

var TableauReportUrl = ReportData.PublicReportUrl + ReportData.Token + ReportData.ReportURL;

// By above mentioned format is working with tableu version 9 but not with version 10

// url comes like this http://HostUrl/trusted/<ticket>/views/subfolder/

$('#PageFrame').attr("src", TableauReportUrl); // loading url in iframe

});

}

above methods are working fine with version 9 where as with version i am unable to get report.

thanks

• 23. Re: Problems with trusted auth after Tableau 10 upgrade
                        Nick Hughes

I'm having the same symptoms, with selected users, since upgrading to 10.5. I can't see any 403 errors in the vizportal log though :/

1 2 Previous Next