This works perfectly!
if you don't mind, can you walk me through what you did to create this fantastic sheet?
Thx a million,
1 of 1 people found this helpful
1. Connected to the data source in Tableau.
2. Selected all the dates and did a pivot.
3. Renamed the Pivot Field Names to Date, and Pivot Field Values to Zone Value.
4. Added Date to the Columns and Zone to the rows, followed by the aggregate of Zone Value to the pane.
5. Right clicked on the SUM(Zone Value) and did a Rank quick table calculation. It was computed using Table (down).
6. Dragged the above quick table computed measure from the Text marks into the Measures and called it as Daily Rank.
7. Created a calculated field called Average Zone Rank as shown below.
8. Added the Average Zone Rank measure also onto the pane. The format can be modified as required to show the number of decimals. The order of the measures can be changed in the Measure Values section.
9. Added Zone Value to the Measure Values and performed a quick table calculation to show the difference.
Right click on the added measure and edit the alias as required.
10. Repeated above step to show the percent difference.
Apologize for the delay in getting back to you, but thx a million for the walk through as I greatly appreciate it.
You are welcome.