Share your workbook for better assistance, Yes you can do.
Thanks Venkat, going thru the above links gave me an Idea on how to do this.
This is what I did.
1. Created summary dashboard without any dashboard actions.
2. Created a simple string parameter.
3. Created detailed dashboard, With custom SQL with the above parameter and ID from the detailed table.
select * from table
4. Published both the dashboards to server.
5. Go back to summary dashboard in Tableau Desktop, Add a Dashboard URL Action
6. Publish the dashboards again.
6. When I click the ID in Summary dashboard it will open up the popup with selected filter. And this
Let me know if anyone needs help on this.