2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2017 2:17 PM by Toby Erkson

    Tableau Server Upgrade Decision

    Barbara Knowles



      I apologize for being all over the forums in the past week.


      We're currently on version 10.2 and considering an upgrade.  Should we wait until version 10.5 comes out so we can get the HYPER engine on board?  Or are there so many changes in versions 10.3 and 10.4 that it would make sense to install one ot those versions first?


      We don't want to have to install one version just to have to go through the process again in a few weeks, but on the other hand HYPER might be such a big change that it might make sense to install 10.4 first so that our users can get used to Data Alerts and compatibility.


      I'd appreciate any advise.  This community has been really helpful.




        • 1. Re: Tableau Server Upgrade Decision
          Jeffrey Line



          I'm in your same boat.  I know Tableau 10.5 is in beta now but it is in the 1st release. They typically have a couple of release cycles so it could be a while longer for this version to come out. Plus with it moving to hyper there might be more testing within our organization prior to upgrading. So I would not hold off until 10.5.


          We'll be upgrading to 10.4 as soon as a point release comes out.



          Hope this helps.



          • 2. Re: Tableau Server Upgrade Decision
            Toby Erkson

            We are on 10.3.1 and since 10.4 doesn't offer a huge amount of improvements I'm waiting for 10.5.  I think you should wait for 10.5 unless your users are just pestering the heck outta you then go to 10.4.1.