1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2017 5:40 AM by Jim Dehner

Filtering the data using actions

sowjanya kolluru

Hi,

I have created one chart and one detailed data. Now, when I select the data or a value on the chart, it should filter the data and take me to the detailed level data on another tab with the same filters.

I have 3- 4 dimensions with 2 -3 measure or calculated fields in the detailed level data.

I have 2 dimensions and 2 measures on the chart.

Now, when I select a value in the measure aggregated sum in the chart, that should filter the values and show me the relevant detailed level information. Please can someone adivse me how this can be achieved.

My dimensions in the chart are 1. Sector 2. business type---- My measures are 1. limits 2. utilisations.

My dimensions in the detailed level table are 1. Sector 2. business type. 3. customer name 4. Facility  ----My measures are 1. limits 2. utilisations.

I have added actions using the main source chart and target detailed level table and used the Select >> Filter action, but it is filtering only on one dimension ( Sector) but not on Sector and Business Type in the detailed level data.

Please help

thanks