1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2017 8:14 AM by John Ohrstrom Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
      • 15. Re: How do i change the order of columns in exported data from a published tableau workbook via tableau server.
        Garry Antonio

Got our license - great!

Got our charts - wonderful!

Got our dashboard - awesome!

Got our underlying data - Oops! Houston, we have a problem.

Our client including our director wants this underlying data sorted.

If at all possible, calculated fields and several columns mixed with NULLs should be remove.

Managers only want to see specific columns for their departments.

I agree. Looks like we're not the only one who need such feature.

G.A.

• 16. Re: How do i change the order of columns in exported data from a published tableau workbook via tableau server.
          John Ohrstrom

This is absolutely an issue. While Tableau is great for data visualization, the tool needs to have an emphasis on being able to do the basic things well too. Supporting multiple environments for a reporting team is just untenable. We need to have a tool that can both generate reporting and then allow users access to the acquire the underlying data. This make Tableau more cumbersome as a one stop shop and you will see users migrate to other tools. I personally am more of a fan of SSRS as it supports a broader range of functionality. It may not do the high end visualization as well but from a day to day operational level it is just a better tool. A reporting shop will need the mid - low range functionality on a daily basis and the high end visualization is nice to have but not a must. If you guys really want to grow this tool you need it to be able to better support the day to day needs reporting teams. Being able to do cool visualizations is a great feature but you're really limiting your market by not being able to support the basic functions a reporting team would need.

1 2 Previous Next