I've got a few questions:
1. What version is each server on?
2. Does each workbook use the same data source? If not, what is each one.
3. If you open the workbook that works and publish it to your prod environment, does it still work?
Below are the answers to your questions. One thing to note that is different between the two environments: SSL is on in our PROD environment but not dev.
Tableau Server Version: 10.1.1 (10100.16.1103.2343) 64-bit
2. Does each workbook use the same data source? If not, what is each one.: Same source published to different environments.
3. If you open the workbook that works and publish it to your prod environment, does it still work? Yes. Initially I took the prod workbook and moved it to dev. Worked on it in dev; got tabcmd working and then went to apply the same tabcmd script in production.
Might seem obvious but do you have "https" in the SSL enabled environment?
Ya I tried that. I don’t know anything about SSL but it makes me wonder if SSL enabled ignores parameters?
When you are working with Tabcmd in combination with HTTPS try adding " --no-certcheck" to the end of your tabcmd command.
This will tell tabcmd to just skip checking any certificates and execute the command in case you are logged in through tabcmd.
Sadly this did not work either. Thanks for the recommendation though!
Do you still get the same result?
Did you find a solution this issue? I seem to be having a similar issue. Kindly help.