The Dashboard is a collection of Worksheets. But if you want to reference to another worksheet which is not on your dashboard or other Dashboard from your current Dashboard, within same workbook you can use "Actions" in Menu --> Dashboard --> Actions.
Hope this helps
You refer the below link for more info on setting up actions for your dashboard
I have one single workbook, which has
Worksheet 2 - It has graphs that i created using the data in worksheet 1
Dashboard - It has only Worksheet 2.
Now I want a link on Dashboard that can direct me to the Worksheet 1.
The point is - In the dashboard i have a graph. And if i want to see the data from which i have created this graph, I need to goto Worksheet 1.
Hope it clarifies the question.
In Dashboard, you can display multiple worksheets. So in your case you bring the Worksheet 1 also in the Dashboard view along with your worksheet 2. Attempted to re-create your scenario using sample store example
If that is not you expect follow the below steps to create the actions.
1. Click on Menu --> Dashboard--> Actions
2. Create a Filter --> Source --> dashboard 1, Worksheet 2--> Target --> Select Worksheet 1 -->Select "Select"
3. This will create an action whenever you click on the graph it will re-direct the user to display the Worksheet .
Can you just bring worksheet 1 to the same dashboard so you can have graph and table in the same dashboard?
That is not the objective actually.
I want just graph view on dashboard. And just a link on a dashboard that takes me to a tabular data of that graph, present in worksheet 1.
Thanks for putting efforts. The below setting works a little for me.
Currently whats happening is that, when i select a bar, it shows me data for the particular bar only.
But in my scenario, what i want is - If i click a link on the dashboard, it should show me the whole data. If you could help me with?
You need to create a shape in worksheet 3, and bring it to dashboard 1 as tiled and place it somewhere in top right and do the same above action filters but source sheet should be in worksheet 3, not 2. Hope helps
For the later kind, you need to create a worksheet and a calculated field as a place holder. Attached is the sample workbook for your undrstanding
1. Create a Calculated field.
2. Open a new worksheet and bring the calculated field to the view.
Change the mark to shape
Hide the Worksheet title, Header etc
3. In your Dashboard, bring the worksheet as floating object and place it wherever you desire
4. Now create an Action similar to previous post, select your source as new worksheet in your Dashboard and Target as Worksheet 1 and "Select".
5. Later you can hide the worksheet for tidy look.